Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Fiserv ( FISV) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Fiserv as such a stock due to the following factors:
- FISV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.4 million.
- FISV has traded 402,696 shares today.
- FISV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in FISV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for FISV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on FISV: Fiserv, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides financial services technology worldwide. FISV has a PE ratio of 24.1. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Fiserv a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Fiserv has been 555,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Fiserv has a market cap of $13.2 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.93 days to cover. Shares are up 28.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Fiserv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 19.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $169.00 million or 15.75% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -17.58%.
- FISERV INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, FISERV INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.32 versus $3.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.00 versus $4.32).
- The gross profit margin for FISERV INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.17%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 12.60% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, FISV's share price has jumped by 37.59%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Fiserv Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.