Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Colgate-Palmolive Company ( CL) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Colgate-Palmolive Company as such a stock due to the following factors:
- CL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $240.2 million.
- CL has traded 3.7 million shares today.
- CL is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CL NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CL: Colgate-Palmolive Company, together with its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets consumer products worldwide. The company operates in two segments: Oral, Personal and Home Care; and Pet Nutrition. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. CL has a PE ratio of 24.9. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Colgate-Palmolive Company a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 12 rate it a hold. The average volume for Colgate-Palmolive Company has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Colgate-Palmolive has a market cap of $55.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.27 and a short float of 1.1% with 2.50 days to cover. Shares are up 14.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Colgate-Palmolive Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 4.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Household Products industry and the overall market, COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO is rather high; currently it is at 61.18%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 12.90% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $548.00 million or 3.20% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 11.48%.
- COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO's earnings per share declined by 7.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, COLGATE-PALMOLIVE CO increased its bottom line by earning $2.58 versus $2.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.83 versus $2.58).
- You can view the full Colgate-Palmolive Company Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.