Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Worthington Industries ( WOR) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Worthington Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WOR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $14.2 million.
- WOR has traded 481,141 shares today.
- WOR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WOR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WOR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WOR: Worthington Industries, Inc., a metals manufacturing company, focuses on value-added steel processing and manufactured metal products in the United States, Canada, Europe, and internationally. It operates through three segments: Steel Processing, Pressure Cylinders, and Engineered Cabs. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. WOR has a PE ratio of 18.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Worthington Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Worthington Industries has been 324,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Worthington has a market cap of $2.4 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 2.07 and a short float of 2.2% with 3.45 days to cover. Shares are up 32.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Worthington Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WOR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 55.10% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.57% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WOR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES increased its bottom line by earning $1.92 versus $1.64 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.37 versus $1.92).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 60.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $33.96 million to $54.56 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, WORTHINGTON INDUSTRIES's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Worthington Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.