- MCO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $58.2 million.
- MCO has traded 682,157 shares today.
- MCO traded in a range 236.3% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.94.
- MCO traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 41 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 41 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MCO: Moody's Corporation provides credit ratings; and credit, capital markets, and economic related research, data, and analytical tools worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.4%. MCO has a PE ratio of 21.0. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Moody's Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Moody's Corporation has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Moody's has a market cap of $15.5 billion and is part of the services sector and diversified services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 3.6% with 8.34 days to cover. Shares are up 40.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Moody's Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 18.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was trading one year ago, MCO is up 56.70% to its most recent closing price of 71.96. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of a bull or bear market could certainly alter the outcome, our view is that this stock's positive fundamentals give it good potential for further appreciation.
- The net income increased by 30.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $172.50 million to $225.50 million.
- The gross profit margin for MOODY'S CORP is currently very high, coming in at 73.93%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year.
- You can view the full Moody's Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.