- DIS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $458.9 million.
- DIS has traded 5.8 million shares today.
- DIS is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DIS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DIS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DIS: The Walt Disney Company operates as an entertainment company worldwide. Its Media Networks segment engages in broadcast television network, television production and distribution, television stations, broadcast radio networks and stations, and publishing and digital operations. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. DIS has a PE ratio of 19.5. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Walt Disney a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Walt Disney has been 7.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Walt Disney has a market cap of $114.9 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.25 and a short float of 2% with 5.29 days to cover. Shares are up 29.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Walt Disney as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, good cash flow from operations, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- DIS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DIS's share price has jumped by 27.02%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DIS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $3,413.00 million or 18.30% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -16.09%.
- DISNEY (WALT) CO reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DISNEY (WALT) CO increased its bottom line by earning $3.12 versus $2.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.37 versus $3.12).
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.34, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.93 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Walt Disney Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.