DALLAS, Oct. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Builders FirstSource, Inc. (Nasdaq:BLDR),a leading supplier and manufacturer of structural and related building products for residential new construction in the United States, today reported its results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2013. Highlights include the following (see financial schedules for more information, including non-GAAP reconciliations):
- Third quarter 2013 sales increased 38.1 percent to $402.9 million compared to third quarter 2012 sales of $291.8 million.
- Gross margin percentage improved to 23.0 percent, up from 19.8 percent in the third quarter of 2012.
- Operating income was $20.3 million, up nearly $22.0 million when compared to an operating loss of ($1.6) million for the third quarter of 2012.
- Net income was $12.8 million, a $26.4 million improvement over a net loss of ($13.6) million for the third quarter of 2012.
- Third quarter 2013 Adjusted EBITDA was $23.0 million compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $3.0 million for the third quarter of 2012.
- Positive cash generation of $24.8 million in the third quarter of 2013 compared to cash used of $14.4 million in the third quarter of 2012.