Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Deckers Outdoor Corporation ( DECK) as a post-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Deckers Outdoor Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DECK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $108.1 million.
- DECK is up 3.3% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DECK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DECK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on DECK: Deckers Outdoor Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of footwear and accessories for outdoor activities and casual lifestyle use for men, women, and children in the United States and internationally. DECK has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Deckers Outdoor Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Deckers Outdoor Corporation has been 776,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Deckers Outdoor has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 30.1% with 5.59 days to cover. Shares are up 53.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Deckers Outdoor Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, weak operating cash flow and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DECK's share price has jumped by 54.51%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- DECK's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.71 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Textiles, Apparel & Luxury Goods industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 45.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$20.14 million to -$29.28 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$13.19 million or 477.04% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Deckers Outdoor Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.