- EQIX has 13x the normal benchmarked social activity for this time of the day compared to its average of 3.94 mentions/day.
- EQIX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $172.2 million.
Identifying stocks with 'Unusual Social Activity' tends to be a valuable process for traders looking to capitalize on the 'talk of the town' stocks that are basking in far more attention from the StockTwits financial community than normal. Good press? Bad press? It ultimately doesn't matter if it's good or bad if you know how to trade around the sentiment. Certain hedge funds use such data for their proprietary algorithms and it is not uncommon to see shared social sentiment play itself out in a stock's price trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in EQIX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for EQIX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on EQIX: Equinix, Inc. provides data center services to protect and connect the information assets for the enterprises, financial services companies, and content and network providers primarily in the Americas, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and the Asia-Pacific. EQIX has a PE ratio of 131.4. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Equinix a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Equinix has been 980,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Equinix has a market cap of $9.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. The stock has a beta of 0.95 and a short float of 28.4% with 13.94 days to cover. Shares are down 12% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Equinix as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- EQIX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for EQUINIX INC is rather high; currently it is at 69.82%. Regardless of EQIX's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, EQIX's net profit margin of -5.45% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- EQUINIX INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, EQUINIX INC increased its bottom line by earning $2.66 versus $1.71 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 45.1% in earnings ($1.46 versus $2.66).
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $147.16 million or 24.44% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The share price of EQUINIX INC has not done very well: it is down 12.38% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Equinix Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.