Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Wyndham Worldwide Corporation ( WYN) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Wyndham Worldwide Corporation as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WYN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $67.6 million.
- WYN has traded 968,488 shares today.
- WYN is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WYN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WYN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WYN: Wyndham Worldwide Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides various hospitality services and products to individual consumers and business customers in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. WYN has a PE ratio of 21.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Wyndham Worldwide Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Wyndham Worldwide Corporation has been 864,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Wyndham Worldwide has a market cap of $8.2 billion and is part of the services sector and leisure industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 2% with 2.63 days to cover. Shares are up 16.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Wyndham Worldwide Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, reasonable valuation levels, increase in stock price during the past year and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- WYN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP has improved earnings per share by 11.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.77 versus $2.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.76 versus $2.77).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Hotels, Restaurants & Leisure industry and the overall market, WYNDHAM WORLDWIDE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Wyndham Worldwide Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.