- BSX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $162.5 million.
- BSX traded 906,521 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:14 AM.
- BSX is down 2.4% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BSX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BSX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BSX: Boston Scientific Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets medical devices used in various interventional medical specialties worldwide. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Boston Scientific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 15 rate it a hold. The average volume for Boston Scientific has been 16.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Boston Scientific has a market cap of $15.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.41 and a short float of 2.9% with 2.89 days to cover. Shares are up 100% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Boston Scientific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance, expanding profit margins, impressive record of earnings per share growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income increased by 103.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$3,578.00 million to $130.00 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 103.98% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 120.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, BSX should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP is currently very high, coming in at 71.81%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.18% trails the industry average.
- BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$2.87 versus $0.29 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus -$2.87).
- Despite the weak revenue results, BSX has outperformed against the industry average of 26.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Boston Scientific Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.