Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified McKesson ( MCK) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified McKesson as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MCK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $243.4 million.
- MCK traded 19,419 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:06 AM.
- MCK is up 7.3% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MCK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MCK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MCK: McKesson Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, delivers pharmaceuticals, medical supplies, and health care information technologies to the healthcare industry primarily in the United States. It operates in two segments, McKesson Distribution Solutions and McKesson Technology Solutions. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. MCK has a PE ratio of 20.9. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate McKesson a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for McKesson has been 948,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. McKesson has a market cap of $29.2 billion and is part of the services sector and wholesale industry. The stock has a beta of 0.98 and a short float of 0.9% with 1.30 days to cover. Shares are up 31.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates McKesson as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.66, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Despite the fact that MCK's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.60, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 56.49% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- MCKESSON CORP has improved earnings per share by 14.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MCKESSON CORP reported lower earnings of $5.59 versus $5.60 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.33 versus $5.59).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 229.71% to $716.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 229.71%, MCKESSON CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 370.73%.
- You can view the full McKesson Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.