- The increase in consolidated net sales was due to higher prices of our products in local currency terms and higher volumes in most of our regions.
- Operating earnings before other expenses, net, in the third quarter increased by 14%, to U.S.$467 million.
- Reporting a narrower controlling interest net loss of U.S.$155 million during the third quarter of 2013 from a loss of U.S.$203 million in the same period last year.
- Operating EBITDA increased during the quarter by 2%, to U.S.$747 million.
- Operating EBITDA margin decreased by 0.2 percentage points on a year-over-year basis reaching 18.6%.
- Free cash flow after maintenance capital expenditures for the quarter was U.S.$245 million, compared with U.S.$204 million in the same quarter of 2012.
CEMEX, S.A.B. de C.V. ("CEMEX") (NYSE: CX), announced today that consolidated net sales reached U.S.$4.0 billion during the third quarter of 2013, an increase of 3% versus the comparable period in 2012. Operating EBITDA increased by 2% during the quarter to U.S.$747 million versus the same period in 2012. CEMEX’s Consolidated Third-Quarter 2013 Financial and Operational Highlights