LUXEMBOURG, Oct. 24, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. ("Altisource") (Nasdaq:ASPS) today reported record third quarter 2013 service revenue of $180.4 million and net income attributable to shareholders of $36.0 million, or $1.42 per diluted share. Service revenue for the third quarter 2013 increased by 52% compared to the third quarter 2012 and 12% compared to the second quarter 2013. Net income attributable to Altisource for the third quarter 2013 increased 33% compared to the third quarter 2012 and 16% compared to the second quarter 2013. The growth in service revenue and earnings is primarily driven by the Homeward Residential, Inc. ("Homeward") and Residential Capital, LLC ("ResCap") loans that Ocwen Financial Corporation ("Ocwen") boarded onto the REALServicing ® platform during 2013 and growth in the mortgage charge-off collections business and customer relationship management business. Third quarter highlights include:
- The average number of loans serviced by Ocwen on REALServicing totaled 1.2 million loans in the third quarter 2013 compared to 0.8 million loans in the third quarter 2012;
- Cash flows from operating activities totaled $67.2 million, or 37% of service revenue, in the third quarter 2013 compared to $43.1 million, or 36% of service revenue, in the third quarter 2012;
- On August 21, 2013, Altisource announced the acquisition of Equator, LLC, a national leader in mortgage and real estate related business process management solutions at an initial price of $70.0 million plus contingent earn-out consideration of up to an additional $80.0 million over three years, subject to Equator, LLC achieving annual performance targets;
- Altisource Residential ("Residential"), the company we provide rental management services to under a 15-year services agreement, increased its loan and REO portfolio from 1,372 at June 30, 2013 to 6,234 on September 30, 2013 (including announced acquisitions closed in October 2013); and
- Altisource acquired 266,300 shares of its common stock during the third quarter 2013 at an average price of $134.86 per share.