- Improved throughput and latency speeds, including an 18% reduction in maximum interrupt latency since the introduction of the product earlier this year
- Improved virtual switching throughput with integrated Intel® DPDK vSwitch, offering a 450% increase in virtual switching speeds over standard Open vSwitch.
- Enhanced live migration capabilities, including intra-CPU migration to intra-node migration and intra-virtual machine switching.
- oVirt-powered live migration console, including support for guest operating systems migration
- Security enhancements based on SELinux
- Additional hardware support for the latest Intel architectures
- Expanded guest OS support
Open Virtualization is a high value software add-on that works with Wind River Linux. Wind River Linux delivers a commercial-grade Linux platform and easy out-of-the box user experience with a rich set of capabilities based on the latest open source technologies, fully integrated development tools, worldwide support and maintenance, and expert professional services.Additionally, Wind River continues to further advance open source innovation with new OpenStack efforts around cloud and clustering work, including bringing the OpenStack Grizzly release to the OpenEmbedded and Yocto Project ecosystem. Wind River is a Yocto Project founding member and Gold member of the advisory board, and actively holds key maintainer and technical lead positions. More information about Wind River Open Virtualization is available at http://www.windriver.com/products/open-virtualization-profile/. About Wind River Wind River, a wholly owned subsidiary of Intel Corporation (NASDAQ: INTC), is a world leader in embedded software for intelligent connected systems. The company has been pioneering computing inside embedded devices since 1981, and its technology is found in more than 1 billion products. Wind River offers the industry's most comprehensive embedded software portfolio supported by world-class global professional services and support, and a broad partner ecosystem. Wind River delivers the technology and expertise that enables the innovation and deployment of safe, secure, and reliable intelligent systems. To learn more, visit Wind River at www.windriver.com. Wind River is a trademark or registered trademark of Wind River Systems, Inc. and its affiliates. Other names may be the trademarks of their respective owners.