Build-A-Bear Workshop® today announced plans to open a shop within the FAO Schwarz ® Fifth Avenue flagship store. Opening in early November, the new location is the first Build-A-Bear Workshop store-within-a-store in the United States, allowing the company to extend its reach to new customers and offer existing Guests access to its all-new store experience. “We are excited to bring two iconic brands together in one location joining the magic of Build-A-Bear Workshop with the legendary FAO Schwarz, just in time for the holiday season,” said Sharon Price John, Build-A-Bear Workshop Chief Executive Officer and Chief President Bear. “FAO Schwarz has been a great partner, and this new store extends the reach of our interactive experience in one of the largest markets in the world.” While visiting the store, Guests can participate in the hands-on Build-A-Bear Workshop stuffed animal-making experience, which has been enhanced with innovative, digital technology. The company worked with Microsoft, Samsung, and other leading technology companies to create the engaging store design, which includes:
- A touchscreen storefront display that allows Guests to interact with the brand by playing and exploring the latest Build-A-Bear Workshop furry friend collections.
- An interactive “Love Me” station that enables Guests to customize their stuffed animals by giving personality traits such as brave, silly and smart to the red satin heart which is added to their animal at the “Stuff Me” station.
- A “Hear Me” station where popular music and special sounds can be added to personalize their stuffed animal. Guests can also record their own voice to further personalize their stuffed animal.
- The “Fluff Me” station where customers can play with a sensory effects digital bath tub with virtual bubbles.
- The “Name Me” station which allows Guests to reveal the personality traits and customized features that were added to their stuffed animal throughout the bear-making process. At “Name Me,” Guests also create a one-of-a-kind birth certificate to take home with their new furry friend.
About Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc.Build-A-Bear Workshop, Inc. is the only global company that offers an interactive make-your-own stuffed animal retail-entertainment experience. There are more than 400 Build-A-Bear Workshop stores worldwide, including company-owned stores in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Canada, the United Kingdom and Ireland, and franchise stores in Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East, Mexico and South America. Founded in St. Louis in 1997, Build-A-Bear Workshop is the leader in interactive retail. Brands include make-your-own Major League Baseball ® mascot in-stadium locations, and Build-A-Dino ® stores. Build-A-Bear Workshop extends its in-store interactive experience online with its award winning virtual world website at bearville.com ™. The company was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ® list for the fifth year in a row in 2013. Build-A-Bear Workshop (NYSE: BBW) posted total revenue of $380.9 million in fiscal 2012. For more information, call 888.560.BEAR (2327) or visit the company's award-winning website at buildabear.com ®. Join us on all of our social spaces to get exclusive content and stay up-to-date on the most current promotions:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/buildabear
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/buildabear
- Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/buildabear
- Instagram: Search for username buildabear on Instagram
- iPhone app: www.buildabear.com/app
- Blog: http://blog.buildabear.com/