- TMO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $183.4 million.
- TMO has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- TMO is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMO NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on TMO: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. provides analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software, and services for research, manufacture, analysis, discovery, and diagnostics. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.6%. TMO has a PE ratio of 25.9. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate Thermo Fisher Scientific a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for Thermo Fisher Scientific has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Thermo Fisher Scientific has a market cap of $33.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.09 and a short float of 11.3% with 17.18 days to cover. Shares are up 45.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Thermo Fisher Scientific as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, TMO's share price has jumped by 57.97%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TMO should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 9.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.45, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.40, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.44 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.35 versus $3.44).
- You can view the full Thermo Fisher Scientific Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.