Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Saia ( SAIA) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Saia as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SAIA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.5 million.
- SAIA has traded 161,861 shares today.
- SAIA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAIA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAIA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SAIA: Saia, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a transportation company in the United States. It provides regional and interregional less-than-truckload, truckload, guaranteed, expedited, and logistics services. SAIA has a PE ratio of 21.6. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Saia a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Saia has been 176,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Saia has a market cap of $786.4 million and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 2.1% with 0.81 days to cover. Shares are up 108.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Saia as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 2.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SAIA INC has improved earnings per share by 12.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SAIA INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.30 versus $0.47 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.81 versus $1.30).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Road & Rail industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 13.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $11.85 million to $13.50 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 133.04% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.91 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Saia Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.