Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), has launched a new series of SpeedWay Design Workshops™ for designers of electronic applications based on the Xilinx® Zynq®-7000 All Programmable (AP) SoC. These technical sessions will be presented across the globe by Avnet subject matter experts in conjunction with Xilinx, Inc. (NASDAQ: XLNX). Click to Tweet: Avnet Electronics Marketing offers comprehensive set of seminar series for @XilinxInc Zynq-based design http://bit.ly/188YJqZ “We have embedded Avnet’s extensive technical expertise into the content of these seminars, so that engineers at all levels can learn how to create Zynq-based applications,” said Jim Beneke, vice president of global technical marketing for Avnet Electronics Marketing. “Due to Avnet’s size and global footprint, we have the resources and ability to train and support design teams in multiple regions, countries and languages.” “Xilinx is pleased to present these SpeedWay Design Workshops with Avnet for SoC users and designers,” said Lawrence Getman, vice president of processing platforms at Xilinx. “We are confident that the deep-dive, hands-on lab training coupled with comprehensive documentation will provide attendees valuable new knowledge for utilizing and implementing the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC in their designs.” SpeedWay Design Workshops TM This series of SpeedWay Design Workshops TM are single-day, hands-on workshops presented by Avnet technical experts, and feature labs supported by the ZedBoard TM and MicroZed TM development platforms. This seminar series is designed for engineers who want to gain hands-on experience with the tools and techniques that can be used to implement the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC family. Engineers can choose to participate in any or all of the following sessions:
- Introduction to the Vivado Design Suite: This entry-level course provides a foundational understanding of the Vivado Design Suite Integrated Development Environment (IDE). Short presentations and hands-on labs show attendees how to create a new project, create and import IP cores, set basic clocking and I/O timing constraints, synthesize and implement a design, and analyze the results through Vivado analyzer feature and various design reports.
- Developing Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC Software: The Xilinx Software Development Kit (SDK) offers everything necessary to make Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC software application development easy. This class covers software development including BSP creation, built-in drivers, example C code, interrupts, debugging, flash programming, and where to get more help.
- Developing a Zynq Hardware Platform: This class demonstrates the hardware and software flows for creating your first Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC design. Through a series of instructor presentations and hands-on labs, hardware and firmware engineers will learn all the required steps for creating a complete Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC design on either a ZedBoardTM or MicroZedTM.
- PetaLinux for the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC: This intermediate-level course provides embedded systems developers with experience in creating an embedded Linux operating system on a Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC. Based on the PetaLinux Software Development Kit (SDK), the course offers students hands-on experience in building the environment and booting the system using a basic Zynq-7000 AP SoC design.
- Designing Accelerators for the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC: System-on-Chip designs offer the unique advantage of providing custom built accelerators to increase system performance. This intermediate-level course introduces attendees to the design flow required in identifying software bottlenecks and creating custom hardware accelerators in the Programmable Logic (PL) portion of the Zynq-7000 All Programmable SoC.