|Q1 2014 Financial Metrics (in thousands, except per share amounts and percentages)|
|Earnings per diluted share||$||0.25||$||0.14||$||0.11||79||%|
|Earnings per diluted share||$||0.39||$||0.27||$||0.12||44||%|
- Gross margin increased 110 basis points from Q4 of fiscal 2013 to 38.6% on a GAAP basis and increased 100 basis points to 39.2% on a non-GAAP basis.
- Cash and investments increased by $64.9 million from Q4 of fiscal 2013 to $1.1 billion.
- Accounts receivable (net) increased by $16.7 million from Q4 of fiscal 2013 to $209.3 million, with days sales outstanding of 48.
- Inventory increased $20.3 million from Q4 of fiscal 2013 to $217.3 million, with days of inventory of 81 days.
- Introduced Cree TW (TrueWhite ®) Series LED Bulb, which emits natural LED light with a Color Rendering Index (CRI) of 93, making Cree the first company to meet the California Energy Commission (CEC) LED bulb specification;
- Earned ENERGY STAR ® qualification for the game-changing soft-white Cree LED Bulbs;
- Introduced the XLamp ® CXA 1520 LED array, the industry’s first High-Density (HD) LED Array. This breakthrough technology delivers double the lumen density to enable the next generation of LED spot lights;
- Launched the XLamp XQ-E LEDs, a new generation of lighting-class LEDs that deliver big performance in a tiny package;
- Announced that the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) headquarters in Washington, D.C., has been outfitted with energy-saving CR Series LED Troffers by Cree.