- PPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $174.7 million.
- PPG has traded 910,553 shares today.
- PPG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PPG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on PPG: PPG Industries, Inc. operates as a coatings and specialty products company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. PPG has a PE ratio of 19.7. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate PPG Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for PPG Industries has been 624,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. PPG has a market cap of $23.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. The stock has a beta of 1.18 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.20 days to cover. Shares are up 20.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates PPG Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, expanding profit margins and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- PPG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- 43.77% is the gross profit margin for PPG INDUSTRIES INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 5.67% trails the industry average.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, PPG's share price has jumped by 46.65%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- PPG INDUSTRIES INC's earnings per share declined by 30.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PPG INDUSTRIES INC reported lower earnings of $5.24 versus $6.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($8.10 versus $5.24).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Chemicals industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 33.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $339.00 million to $226.00 million.
- You can view the full PPG Industries Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.