- MEOH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $31.5 million.
- MEOH has traded 401,220 shares today.
- MEOH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MEOH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MEOH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MEOH: Methanex Corporation produces, supplies, and sells methanol to petrochemical producers and distributors. The company also purchases and re-sells methanol produced by others. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Methanex Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Methanex Corporation has been 374,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Methanex has a market cap of $4.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and chemicals industry. Shares are up 58.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Methanex Corporation as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 2.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 19.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 84.54% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- MEOH's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.85 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that MEOH's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.05 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Chemicals industry and the overall market, METHANEX CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for METHANEX CORP is rather low; currently it is at 18.57%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.36% trails that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Methanex Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.