- O has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $57.2 million.
- O traded 181,010 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:00 AM, representing 12.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in O with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for O NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on O: Realty Income Corporation is a publicly traded real estate investment trust. It invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The firm makes investments in commercial real estate. Realty Income Corporation was founded in 1969 and is based in Escondido, California. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 5.5%. O has a PE ratio of 49.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Realty Income Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Realty Income Corporation has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Realty Income has a market cap of $7.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.60 and a short float of 11.2% with 14.02 days to cover. Shares are down 0.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Realty Income Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, compelling growth in net income and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- O's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 62.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 56.39% to $165.16 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 6.41%.
- 49.51% is the gross profit margin for REALTY INCOME CORP which we consider to be strong. Despite the high profit margin, it has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, O's net profit margin of 29.65% compares favorably to the industry average.
- REALTY INCOME CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REALTY INCOME CORP reported lower earnings of $0.74 versus $0.96 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.00 versus $0.74).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed compared to the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average, but is greater than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 25.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $43.41 million to $54.67 million.
- You can view the full Realty Income Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.