BROOKINGS, S.D., Oct. 21, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Madison Square Garden unveiled today the designs for the Arena's new state-of-the-art, one-of-a-kind, centerhung multi-meida display. The display will serve as the centerpiece of The Garden's brand-new LED video display system, known as GardenVision, which will debut on October 25 as part of the third and final phase of The Garden's unprecedented, $1 billion, three-year Transformation. This cutting-edge system, manufactured by Daktronics (Nasdaq:DAKT) of Brookings, S.D., will include more than 20 individually produced LED displays, providing fans with an enhanced visual experience while at The World's Most Famous Arena.
About MSG's Garden Vision Multi-Media Display:
- The four main video displays measure 15.7 feet tall by 28 feet wide. Directly above those displays are four auxiliary video displays measuring more than 6 feet tall by 29 feet wide.
- The corners of GardenVision contain four curved displays matching the height of the main video displays and four more curved displays matching the height of the auxiliary displays to create a full circular video board.
- The inside bottom screens will provide up-to-the-minute statistics, game information, as well as replays.
- The top of GardenVision contains an ID ring consisting of a backlit LED panel that is more than 2 feet tall and circles the entire top of the structure.
- In addition, internal structural accommodations in GardenVision for Wi-Fi, IT and broadcast equipment will improve Wi-Fi coverage throughout the Arena, provide new unique and compelling camera angles for MSG Network and is set up for future technological advances.
- The board can be lowered and expanded for different events.
The Garden's state-of-the-art center-hung multi-media display serves as the centerpiece of the GardenVision system, which extends throughout the arena and includes:
- Three LED displays on both the north and south end of the new Chase Bridges, which feature a combination of video and game statistics.
- Four long, curved LED ribbon displays on two different levels of the seating bowl.
- For basketball games, on the sidelines there will be seven sections of LED scorer's table displays, which can be connected to showcase additional up-to-the-minute statistics, marketing partners and promote upcoming events.
About Madison Square GardenThe Madison Square Garden Company is a fully-integrated sports, media and entertainment business. The Company is comprised of three business segments: MSG Sports, MSG Media and MSG Entertainment, which are strategically aligned to work together to drive the Company's overall business, which is built on a foundation of iconic venues and compelling content that the company creates, produces, presents and/or distributes through its programming networks and other media assets. MSG Sports owns and operates the following sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL), the New York Liberty (WNBA), and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL). MSG Sports also features the presentation of a wide variety of live sporting events including professional boxing, college basketball, track and field and tennis. MSG Media is a leader in production and content development for multiple distribution platforms, including content originating from the Company's venues. MSG Media's television networks consist of regional sports networks, MSG Network and MSG+, collectively referred to as MSG Networks; and Fuse, a national television network dedicated to music. MSG Networks also include high-definition channels, MSG HD and MSG+ HD, and Fuse includes its high-definition channel, Fuse HD. MSG Entertainment is one of the country's leaders in live entertainment. MSG Entertainment creates, produces and/or presents a variety of live productions, including the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Radio City Rockettes. MSG Entertainment also presents or hosts other live entertainment events such as concerts, family shows and special events in the Company's diverse collection of venues. These venues consist of Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, the Chicago Theatre, the Forum in Inglewood, CA, and the Wang Theatre in Boston, MA. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com About Daktronics Daktronics is recognized as the world's leading provider of full-color LED video displays. Daktronics began manufacturing large screen, full-color, LED video displays in 1997. Since then, thousands of large screen video displays have been sold and installed around the world. Since 2001, independent market research conducted by iSuppli Corp. lists Daktronics as the world's leading provider of large screen LED video displays.
Daktronics has strong leadership positions in, and is the world's largest supplier of, large screen video displays, electronic scoreboards, computer-programmable displays, digital billboards, and control systems. The company excels in the control of large display systems, including those that require integration of multiple complex displays showing real-time information, graphics, animation and video. Daktronics designs, manufactures, markets and services display systems for customers around the world, in sport, business and transportation applications. For more information, visit the company's World Wide Web site at: http://www.daktronics.com, e-mail the company at firstname.lastname@example.org, call (605) 692-0200 or toll-free (800) 325-8766 in the United States or write to the company at 331 32nd Ave. PO Box 5135 Brookings, S.D. 57006-5135.Safe Harbor Statement Cautionary Notice: In addition to statements of historical fact, this news release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and is intended to enjoy the protection of that Act. These forward-looking statements reflect the Company's expectations or beliefs concerning future events. The Company cautions that these and similar statements involve risk and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from our expectations, including, but not limited to, changes in economic and market conditions, management of growth, timing and magnitude of future contracts, fluctuations in margins, the introduction of new products and technology, the impact of adverse weather conditions and other risks noted in the Company's SEC filings, including its Annual Report on Form 10-K for its 2013 fiscal year. Forward-looking statements are made in the context of information available as of the date stated. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise such statements to reflect new circumstances or unanticipated events as they occur.
CONTACT: For more information contact: MEDIA RELATIONS: Justin Ochsner Marketing tel (605) 692-0200 email email@example.com