- RMD has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $63.8 million.
- RMD has traded 1.1 million shares today.
- RMD is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RMD with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RMD NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RMD: ResMed Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and distribution of medical equipment for treating, diagnosing, and managing sleep-disordered breathing and other respiratory disorders. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.9%. RMD has a PE ratio of 25.0. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate ResMed a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for ResMed has been 1.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. ResMed has a market cap of $7.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 20.8% with 25.88 days to cover. Shares are up 26.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates ResMed as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.5%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- RMD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.19 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, RMD has a quick ratio of 2.10, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, RESMED INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, RMD's share price has jumped by 40.33%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, RMD should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for RESMED INC is rather high; currently it is at 66.82%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 17.61% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full ResMed Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.