Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Everest Re Group ( RE) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Everest Re Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.0 million.
- RE has traded 163,561 shares today.
- RE is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RE NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on RE: Everest Re Group, Ltd., through its subsidiaries, underwrites reinsurance and insurance products. It operates in four segments: U.S. Reinsurance, Insurance, International, and Bermuda. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. RE has a PE ratio of 7.5. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Everest Re Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Everest Re Group has been 379,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Everest Re Group has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 0.51 and a short float of 3.9% with 6.79 days to cover. Shares are up 30.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Everest Re Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 14.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- RE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.08 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Insurance industry and the overall market, EVEREST RE GROUP LTD's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 36.27% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 34.60% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, RE should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- EVEREST RE GROUP LTD has improved earnings per share by 36.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, EVEREST RE GROUP LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $15.72 versus -$1.48 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($19.55 versus $15.72).
- You can view the full Everest Re Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.