- OII has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.9 million.
- OII has traded 659,630 shares today.
- OII is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OII with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OII NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OII: Oceaneering International, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on deepwater applications worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. OII has a PE ratio of 25.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Oceaneering International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Oceaneering International has been 613,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Oceaneering International has a market cap of $8.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.53 and a short float of 0.8% with 1.09 days to cover. Shares are up 49.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Oceaneering International as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company is trading at a premium valuation based on our review of its current price compared to such things as earnings and book value. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 3.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- OII's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.31, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- OCEANEERING INTERNATIONAL has improved earnings per share by 35.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, OCEANEERING INTERNATIONAL increased its bottom line by earning $2.66 versus $2.17 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.37 versus $2.66).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Energy Equipment & Services industry average. The net income increased by 36.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $72.55 million to $98.81 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.82% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 57.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Oceaneering International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.