- NOC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $121.9 million.
- NOC has traded 1.8 million shares today.
- NOC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NOC: Northrop Grumman Corporation provides systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical service areas to government and commercial customers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. NOC has a PE ratio of 11.9. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Northrop Grumman a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. The average volume for Northrop Grumman has been 1.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Northrop Grumman has a market cap of $22.1 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 3.5% with 6.05 days to cover. Shares are up 42% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Northrop Grumman as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 42.35% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, NOC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.62, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.42, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Aerospace & Defense industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, NORTHROP GRUMMAN CORP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Northrop Grumman Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.