- ATR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $11.4 million.
- ATR has traded 297,880 shares today.
- ATR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ATR: AptarGroup, Inc. engages in the design, development, manufacture, and sale of consumer product dispensing systems in North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America. The company operates in three segments: Beauty + Home, Pharma, and Food + Beverage. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.7%. ATR has a PE ratio of 24.7. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate AptarGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for AptarGroup has been 168,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. AptarGroup has a market cap of $4.0 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. The stock has a beta of 0.78 and a short float of 3.1% with 11.13 days to cover. Shares are up 26.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates AptarGroup as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ATR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 5.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ATR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.47, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- APTARGROUP INC has improved earnings per share by 19.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, APTARGROUP INC reported lower earnings of $2.39 versus $2.67 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.77 versus $2.39).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Containers & Packaging industry average. The net income increased by 19.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $41.69 million to $49.80 million.
- You can view the full AptarGroup Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.