(IACP, Motorola Solutions Booth #120) – The amount of data and how to access and use it effectively is a challenge for public safety officials. The Real-Time Crime Center from Motorola Solutions, Inc. (NYSE: MSI) integrates the data sources into one operational view. As part of the scalable architecture of the Real-Time Crime Center solution, the Ventura, Calif. police department is using a phased approach to implement features such as Motorola’s new PremierOne™ Intelligent Data Discovery (IDD) service. This new customizable service helps consolidate and analyze real-time key performance indicators and historical data resulting in actionable, dashboard views of the situation. IDD tools such as data analysis bring focus to the historical and real-time data points to help Ventura officials identify crime patterns and trends to drive more effective decisions. The web-based dashboards graphically display real-time details and the scalable system allows the integration of data from additional systems such as city operations, fire, public works and more. By providing actionable intelligence, the IDD service is helping Ventura officers move from reactive to proactive decision making. KEY FACTS
- When integrated with other data sources, the information generated from the PremierOne™ IDD service helps agencies achieve a 360-degree actionable view of organizational data. Customers can use Motorola’s CompStat Dashboard through the IDD tool to generate instant graphical displays of reports to help identify crime trends and allocate resources appropriately.
- The IDD Service enables analysts and other users to build, modify, deploy and distribute self-service reports to anyone in their organization. It can also perform quick searches and “what-if” analysis to alert users when certain criteria have been met, and it creates web-based dashboards and scorecards to graphically display aggregated information so users can quickly analyze real-time details to identify trends, metrics and historical performance.
- Motorola’s Real-Time Intelligence Console delivers a first-of-its-kind configurable console view that integrates multiple disparate systems into a unified operational public safety-driven workflow in the Real-Time Crime Center.
- Motorola’s Professional Services gives customers the knowledge and skills they need to help manage risk and reduce cost through Operational Benchmarking, Mobility Assessments, Strategy and Visioning.
- Comprised of key service offerings, such as technical support, comprehensive device repair coverage and advance exchange of system components, Motorola’s Service from the Start includes bundled service packages that can help maximize system and device availability, allow decision makers to budget in advance for their technology maintenance requirements and lower an organization’s total cost of ownership.
- The City of Ventura is located about 70 miles north of Los Angeles and provides a full range of services to 109,000 residents.
David Thomas, solutions vice president, Motorola Global Solutions and Services“IDD represents one of the first and best steps customers can take in the implementation of Motorola’s Real-Time Crime Center solution. The service provides immediate visibility and access into the vast data present in law enforcement systems today. Ventura police officers now have a wealth of information at their fingertips to help optimize decision making.” SUPPORTING RESOURCES Website: Motorola Solutions’ Real-Time Crime Center Website: Real-Time Intelligence Console Website: City of Ventura Video: Real-Time Crime Center Solution Tour Twitter: @MotPublicSafety Facebook: Motorola Solutions About Motorola Solutions Motorola Solutions is a leading provider of mission-critical communication solutions and services for enterprise and government customers. Through leading-edge innovation and communications technology, it is a global leader that enables its customers to be their best in the moments that matter. Motorola Solutions trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker “MSI.” To learn more, visit www.motorolasolutions.com. For ongoing news, please visit our media center or subscribe to our news feed. MOTOROLA, MOTO, MOTOROLA SOLUTIONS and the Stylized M Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Motorola Trademark Holdings, LLC and are used under license. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2013 Motorola Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.