- OZRK has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.7 million.
- OZRK has traded 108,519 shares today.
- OZRK is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in OZRK with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for OZRK NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on OZRK: Bank of the Ozarks, Inc. operates as a bank holding company for Bank of the Ozarks that provides various retail and commercial banking services. The company offers deposit services comprising checking, savings, money market, time deposit, and individual retirement accounts. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.6%. OZRK has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bank of the Ozarks a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Bank of the Ozarks has been 132,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bank of the Ozarks has a market cap of $1.7 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.32 and a short float of 11.4% with 16.10 days to cover. Shares are up 44.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bank of the Ozarks as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 15.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $19.28 million to $22.35 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 37.06% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has improved earnings per share by 10.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC reported lower earnings of $2.21 versus $2.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.34 versus $2.21).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, BANK OF THE OZARKS INC has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Bank of the Ozarks Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.