- CELG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $462.8 million.
- CELG has traded 2.8 million shares today.
- CELG is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CELG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CELG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CELG: Celgene Corporation discovers, develops, and commercializes therapies for cancer and immune-inflammatory related diseases in the United States and Europe. CELG has a PE ratio of 40.9. Currently there are 20 analysts that rate Celgene Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold. The average volume for Celgene Corporation has been 2.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Celgene has a market cap of $60.2 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.90 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.64 days to cover. Shares are up 86.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Celgene Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CELG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- CELGENE CORP has improved earnings per share by 35.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CELGENE CORP increased its bottom line by earning $3.30 versus $2.85 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.97 versus $3.30).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Biotechnology industry average. The net income increased by 30.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $367.37 million to $478.10 million.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, CELGENE CORP's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CELGENE CORP is currently very high, coming in at 96.60%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 29.89% is above that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Celgene Corporation Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.