- ALV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $30.3 million.
- ALV has traded 254,781 shares today.
- ALV is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALV NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALV: Autoliv, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in the development, manufacture, and supply of automotive safety systems to the automotive industry. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.3%. ALV has a PE ratio of 16.4. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Autoliv a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Autoliv has been 350,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Autoliv has a market cap of $8.5 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. The stock has a beta of 1.62 and a short float of 4% with 11.73 days to cover. Shares are up 31.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Autoliv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 47.03% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, ALV should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ALV's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.16 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.30, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- AUTOLIV INC has improved earnings per share by 8.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, AUTOLIV INC reported lower earnings of $5.08 versus $6.65 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.64 versus $5.08).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Auto Components industry average. The net income increased by 9.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $126.40 million to $138.70 million.
- You can view the full Autoliv Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.