Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Intuitive Surgical ( ISRG) as a post-market laggard candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Intuitive Surgical as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ISRG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $223.3 million.
- ISRG is down 5.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ISRG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ISRG NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ISRG: Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs, manufactures, and markets da Vinci surgical systems, and related instruments and accessories. ISRG has a PE ratio of 21.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Intuitive Surgical a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Intuitive Surgical has been 658,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Intuitive Surgical has a market cap of $14.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.62 and a short float of 4.9% with 3.32 days to cover. Shares are down 25.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Intuitive Surgical as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- ISRG's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 1.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- ISRG has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.22, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC is currently very high, coming in at 72.91%. Regardless of ISRG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ISRG's net profit margin of 27.50% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $189.10 million or 12.65% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow INTUITIVE SURGICAL INC is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -37.43%.
- ISRG has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 21.72% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
- You can view the full Intuitive Surgical Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.