Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies ( WAB) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- WAB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $21.0 million.
- WAB has traded 359,485 shares today.
- WAB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WAB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WAB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WAB: Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Corporation, doing business as Wabtec Corporation, provides technology-based products and services for the freight rail and passenger transit industries worldwide. It operates in two segments, Freight and Transit. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. WAB has a PE ratio of 22.4. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. The average volume for Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies has been 434,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Westinghouse Air Brake has a market cap of $6.1 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 1.2% with 3.51 days to cover. Shares are up 43.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 17.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- WAB's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.34, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 54.57% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- WABTEC CORP has improved earnings per share by 15.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, WABTEC CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.60 versus $1.76 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.03 versus $2.60).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Machinery industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 15.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $64.71 million to $74.64 million.
- You can view the full Westinghouse Air Brake Technologies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.