Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Goldman Sachs Group ( GS) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Goldman Sachs Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $479.4 million.
- GS traded 313,533 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:07 AM, representing 10.2% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GS NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on GS: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. provides investment banking, securities, and investment management services, as well as financial services to corporations, financial institutions, governments, and high-net-worth individuals worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.2%. GS has a PE ratio of 9.9. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Goldman Sachs Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 14 rate it a hold. The average volume for Goldman Sachs Group has been 3.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Goldman Sachs Group has a market cap of $73.2 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.99 and a short float of 2.2% with 2.86 days to cover. Shares are up 27.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Goldman Sachs Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 107.86% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 31.58% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, GS should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, GOLDMAN SACHS GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $14.15 versus $4.41 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($15.05 versus $14.15).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 100.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $962.00 million to $1,931.00 million.
- You can view the full Goldman Sachs Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.