- Net sales increased 7% to $264 million, compared to $247 million in the third quarter of 2012.
- Company-controlled comparable sales declined 1% year-over-year.
- Operating income was $30.7 million, compared with $40.2 million in the third quarter of 2012. As a percentage of net sales, operating income was 11.6% compared to 16.3% in the third quarter of 2012.
- Earnings per diluted share were $0.36, compared to $0.46 in the third quarter of 2012.
- In the quarter, the company opened 16 stores and closed six, ending the quarter with 423 stores.
Select Comfort Corporation (NASDAQ: SCSS) today reported third-quarter 2013 results for the period ended Sept. 28, 2013. Third-quarter Financial Summary