SAN JOSE, Calif. and SINGAPORE, Oct. 16, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Avago Technologies (Nasdaq:AVGO), a leading supplier of analog interface components for wireless, wireline, and industrial applications, today unveiled the ACPL-32JT, a new automotive 2.5A smart gate drive optocoupler device that enables isolated power supply in automotive powertrain systems. The device features an integrated flyback controller supporting regulated output voltage and a full set of fail-safe IGBT diagnostics, protection and fault reporting in support of automotive functional safety requirements. The ACPL-32JT is ideal for use in automotive powertrain traction inverter, power converter, battery charger, air conditioner and oil pump motor drive for electric vehicle (EV), hybrid electric vehicle (HEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) applications.
- Automotive Qualified per AEC-Q100 Grade 1
- Integrated Flyback Controller for Isolated High Side Power Supply
- Fail-Safe IGBT Protection: Desaturation Sensing, Soft IGBT Turn-Off, Fault Feedback, Under Voltage Lock Out (UVLO) with feedback and Active Miller Clamping
- Wide Input Voltage Range: 8 to 18 V
- 2.5A Maximum Peak Output Current
- 50kV/µs Minimum High Common Mode Rejection (CMR)
- Compact SO-16 Package Minimizing PCB Board Space and Cost
- Wide Operating Temperature Range: -40oC to +125oC
- Worldwide Safety Approvals: UL1577, CSA and IEC/EN/DIN EN 60747-5-5 (Note these important safety standards are not relevant to non-optical isolators such as magnetic and capacitor-based isolators)
AvailabilitySamples and production quantities of the ACPL-32JT are available now through the Avago direct sales channel and via worldwide distribution partners. Please contact your local Avago Technologies sales representative for pricing. Further information on the Avago ACPL-32JT device is available online at http://www.avagotech.com/pages/en/optocouplers_plastic/plastic_automotive_optocoupler/automotive_integrated_gate_drive_optocouplers/acpl-32jt-000e/ About Avago Technologies Avago Technologies is a leading designer, developer and global supplier of a broad range of analog, mixed signal and optoelectronics components and subsystems with a focus in III-V compound semiconductor design and processing. Backed by an extensive portfolio of intellectual property, Avago products serve three primary target markets: wireless communications, wired infrastructure, and industrial and other. Avago has a global employee presence and heritage of technical innovation dating back 50 years to its Hewlett-Packard roots. For more information, visit Avago's website: www.avagotech.com. Follow Avago on Twitter at http://twitter.com/Avagotech and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Avagotech. Avago, Avago Technologies, and the A logo are trademarks of Avago Technologies. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. NOTE TO EDITORS: Please direct reader inquiries to Avago Technologies at +1 800 235 0312, or e-mail us at email@example.com.
CONTACT: Press Contact: Corporate Communications firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: +1 408 435 4570