Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Noah Holdings ( NOAH) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Noah Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NOAH has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $16.6 million.
- NOAH has traded 587,206 shares today.
- NOAH is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NOAH with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NOAH NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on NOAH: Noah Holdings Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as a wealth management service provider with focus on distributing wealth management products in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.7%. NOAH has a PE ratio of 31.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Noah Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold. The average volume for Noah Holdings has been 487,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Noah has a market cap of $941.5 million and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 194.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Noah Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the growth in the company's earnings per share has not been good. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NOAH's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 12.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 132.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 133.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $6.20 million to $14.45 million.
- NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NOAH HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's EPS of $0.42 remained unchanged from the prior years' EPS of $0.42. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.94 versus $0.42).
- You can view the full Noah Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.