- CHTR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $82.0 million.
- CHTR has traded 560,582 shares today.
- CHTR is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in CHTR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for CHTR NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on CHTR: Charter Communications, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides entertainment, information, and communications solutions to residential and commercial customers in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Charter Communications Inc Class A a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. The average volume for Charter Communications Inc Class A has been 907,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Charter Communications Inc Class A has a market cap of $13.3 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.73 and a short float of 9.6% with 8.70 days to cover. Shares are up 72% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Charter Communications Inc Class A as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- CHTR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, CHTR's share price has jumped by 79.11%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC's earnings per share declined by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC continued to lose money by earning -$3.07 versus -$3.37 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.77 versus -$3.07).
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.33%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -4.86% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full Charter Communications Inc Class A Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.