Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified Advance Auto Parts ( AAP) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Advance Auto Parts as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $43.9 million.
- AAP traded 53,730 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:51 AM, representing 11.7% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AAP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AAP: Advance Auto Parts, Inc., through its subsidiaries, operates as a specialty retailer of automotive aftermarket parts, accessories, batteries, and maintenance items. It operates in two segments, Advance Auto Parts (AAP), and Autopart International (AI). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. AAP has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Advance Auto Parts a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. The average volume for Advance Auto Parts has been 620,400 shares per day over the past 30 days. Advance Auto Parts has a market cap of $5.8 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.81 and a short float of 3.2% with 5.03 days to cover. Shares are up 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Advance Auto Parts as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The stock has risen over the past year as investors have generally rewarded the company for its earnings growth and other positive factors like the ones we have cited in this report. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC has improved earnings per share by 18.6% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC increased its bottom line by earning $5.22 versus $5.12 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.52 versus $5.22).
- AAP's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for ADVANCE AUTO PARTS INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.39%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 7.54% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Advance Auto Parts Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.