- LLTC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $64.1 million.
- LLTC is down 3.5% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LLTC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LLTC NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on LLTC: Linear Technology Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets a line of analog integrated circuits (ICs) worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. LLTC has a PE ratio of 23.4. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Linear Technology a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Linear Technology has been 1.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Linear Technology has a market cap of $9.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.22 and a short float of 2.8% with 3.88 days to cover. Shares are up 16.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Linear Technology as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and notable return on equity. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $163.92 million or 4.15% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.08%.
- LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. We anticipate these figures will begin to experience more growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.72 versus $1.71 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.98 versus $1.72).
- The gross profit margin for LINEAR TECHNOLOGY CORP is currently very high, coming in at 79.08%. Regardless of LLTC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, LLTC's net profit margin of 31.14% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- LLTC's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.84 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that LLTC's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 1.63 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period, despite the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- You can view the full Linear Technology Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.