- WMB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $177.4 million.
- WMB has traded 3.2 million shares today.
- WMB is trading at 1.53 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- WMB crossed below its 200-day simple moving average.
'Roof Leaker' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakdown can lead to potentially massive losses. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock may then be subject to emotional selling from investors that can continue to drive the stock lower. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with weakness and volume it can indicate the start of a new, potentially dangerous, trend. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in WMB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for WMB NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on WMB: The Williams Companies, Inc. operates as an energy infrastructure company. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4%. WMB has a PE ratio of 39.8. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Williams Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. The average volume for Williams Companies has been 5.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Williams Companies has a market cap of $25.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.49 and a short float of 3% with 4.07 days to cover. Shares are up 11.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Williams Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 7.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $132.00 million to $142.00 million.
- 38.54% is the gross profit margin for WILLIAMS COS INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 8.03% is above that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 57.54% to $668.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WILLIAMS COS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.93%.
- Regardless of the drop in revenue, the company managed to outperform against the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.3%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- In its most recent trading session, WMB has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that the other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.