- ORLY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $75.6 million.
- ORLY has traded 611,106 shares today.
- ORLY is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ORLY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ORLY NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ORLY: O'Reilly Automotive, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the retail of automotive aftermarket parts, tools, supplies, equipment, and accessories in the United States. ORLY has a PE ratio of 23.0. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate O'Reilly Automotive a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 7 rate it a hold. The average volume for O'Reilly Automotive has been 597,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. O'Reilly Automotive has a market cap of $13.5 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. The stock has a beta of 0.34 and a short float of 4.7% with 8.66 days to cover. Shares are up 38.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates O'Reilly Automotive as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC has improved earnings per share by 37.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC increased its bottom line by earning $4.75 versus $3.72 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.93 versus $4.75).
- ORLY's revenue growth trails the industry average of 19.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.7%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. When compared to other companies in the Specialty Retail industry and the overall market, O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for O'REILLY AUTOMOTIVE INC is rather high; currently it is at 53.56%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 10.32% is above that of the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 37.39% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 48.74% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full O'Reilly Automotive Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.