- Reducing the energy intensity of our product portfolio by 80 percent, making Dell the first IT company to commit to make a portfolio-wide energy goal.
- Using 50 million pounds of sustainable materials, such as recycled plastic, in products, and recovering 2 billion pounds of used electronics. This will make Dell the only company in the industry to set a long-term goal on the use of recycled-content plastics.
- Ensuring waste-free packaging, with materials like wheat straw, mushrooms and bamboo, which are sustainably sourced and 100% recyclable or compostable.
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 50 percent from its facilities and logistics operations.
The Legacy of Good Plan outlines ways the company will foster inspirational leadership, promote a supportive culture and give team members a voice in shaping the company’s direction, including:
- Increasing eligible team member participation in flexible work programs to 50 percent.
- Increasing university hiring to a rate of 25 percent of external hire.
- Achieving 75 percent favorable responses, or higher, in team member satisfaction annual surveys.
- Committing to engage 75 percent of team members in community-service initiatives.
- Applying education technology and expertise to projects that reach 3 million young people.
“Customers consistently tell us that sustainability leadership contributes to their decision to do business with Dell. In fact, more than 75 percent of our requests-for-proposal include a CSR element. But customers also tell us they lack a means to capture and demonstrate how their own smart IT strategies often lower overall costs and energy use while benefitting the environment. With this plan, we are committing to work across the industry to enable customers, and the industry more broadly, to assess the ripple effect of sustainable IT strategies like electronic medical records and virtualized desktops.” – David Lear, Executive Director of Sustainability, DellAdditional Resources: Download the plan in full and read Michael Dell’s thoughts about the plan’s vision at dell.com/2020. Previous Corporate Responsibility reports, infographics, videos, case studies and additional information on Dell’s corporate responsibility programs are available at dell.com/poweringthepossible. About Dell Dell (NASDAQ: DELL) delivers innovative products and services that make the best technology accessible to anyone – helping them realize their full potential. This same philosophy extends to Dell’s commitment to put technology and expertise to work where it can do the most good for people and the planet. The 2020 Legacy of Good Plan embeds this commitment strategically in the business, accelerating successful and sustainable customer outcomes while leaving a legacy of good through 2020 and beyond. For more information, visit dell.com/2020. Dell World Join us at Dell World 2013, Dell’s premier customer event exploring how technology solutions and services are driving business innovation. Learn more at www.dellworld.com and follow #DellWorld on Twitter.