Exelis (NYSE: XLS) will display a wide variety of its defense solutions at the 2013 Association of the United States Army (AUSA) Annual Meeting and Exposition in Washington, D.C., Oct. 21-23, 2013. The company will also highlight its strategic growth platforms, including critical networks, ISR & analytics and electronic warfare. “We recognize that the current U.S. Department of Defense budget environment requires innovation and ingenuity on the part of our customers and we believe we have the right combination of new technologies and ready-now affordable solutions to help the U.S. Army, and international militaries, better execute their range of missions,” said U.S. Army Lt. Gen. (Ret.) Bob Durbin, senior vice president of strategy and government relations for Exelis. Some highlighted technologies from the Exelis exhibit at this year’s AUSA event will include:
- Networked communication systems, including SideHat, Rifleman and SpearNet radios, as well as Global Network On-The-Move Active Distribution (GNOMAD), an on-the-move satellite communications system that employs a low-profile antenna to provide reliable connectivity for a wide range of vehicles, from standard SUVs to large armored vehicles in the Abrams, Bradley and Stryker families.
- Information processing, exploitation and dissemination solutions, such as Jagwire™ which helps deliver geospatial intelligence data within seconds, even to the disadvantaged user in austere environments.
- Next generation night vision goggles, such as the AN/PSQ-20 Spiral Enhanced Night Vision Goggle which provide net-centric solutions that can gather, transmit and receive imagery and tactical intelligence between soldiers and commanders, enhancing situational awareness and decision support.
- Individual Soldier System—Voice, video and data integrated into a soldier system allowing commanders to view what soldiers are seeing, send instructions like texts, alerts or images all delivered directly to the goggle’s display in a light and sound secure way. This system integrates the Exelis iAware Tactical night vision goggle with the high-data rate SpearNet radio using Jagwire to provide on-demand access to critical geospatial intelligence data, reducing the time from collection to decision.
- Advanced Information Solutions & Cyber capabilities which enhance national security by providing information-enabled solutions, modeling and simulation for DOD, intelligence and civil agencies.
- C4i Interoperable Communications Solutions—Exelis is a leader in the design and manufacture of voice over Internet Protocol (IP) solutions for mission critical applications and leading edge technology products. We provide defense organizations with the ability to communicate reliably and securely across the seas or the skies, reducing the time needed to respond to a threat or receive a critical message.
- Services/Support/Logistics—Exelis provides world class, service, support and logistics to customers around the globe, deliver affordable solutions in base operations, vehicle maintenance, and logistics through procurement vehicles like the Enhanced Army Global Logistics Enterprise (EAGLE). In addition, Exelis is one of the Army’s largest providers of network and communications operations and maintenance services.