Core sample oozing with oil at surface (Photo: Business Wire)Core samples have been successfully taken from the Elkton erosional edge well DH 9-4-92-23-W5 and are presently being transported to AGAT laboratories for core sample analysis. The operator was pleased to report that the core samples extracted from the horizontal target zone was oozing oil from out of the core at surface. As mentioned in the POD (Plan Of Development), the lower portion of the vertical Elkton well will now be cemented; upon concluding this stage the horizontal leg of the production well will be kicked off at the 160m level. Geologically Unique - Elkton Erosional Edge:
- 1.05 billion barrels PIIP (third-party validated).
- Primary recovery of oil in the Elkton Erosional Edge with 8% to 14% recovery rate with staged and scalable 5,000 bbl/d to 10,000 bbl/d projects.
- To be followed up with infill drilling and then subsequent pressure maintenance with an additional 8+% recovery rate for an estimated cumulative 200 million barrels.
- Recoverable peak production exceeding 30,000 bbl/d.
- Enhanced Oil Recovery (EOR) exploitation targeting an additional 10% to 20% recovery rate with proven EOR technologies.