Frost & Sullivan's Australian Unified Communications (UC) Services Market 2013 report included results of a survey of 227 IT decision makers in Australia which found:
- Cisco and Microsoft are each mentioned by about one-third of organisations as the preferred vendor for cloud based UC solutions. This reflects the strong market position secured by Cisco and Microsoft in the Australian UC market, giving them a clear lead over competitors.
- Although the number of organisations replacing their PBXs with Lync is small, the solution in being closely evaluated by IT decision makers at the time of infrastructure upgrade or refresh. Close to 40% of organisations are favourable towards replacing their PBX infrastructure with Microsoft Lync PBX. This perception represents a significant improvement in business perception about the suitability of Lync as a PBX solution.
- Nearly 50% of organisations prefer to use a local carrier or telco for their UC deployments, with the preference for using a telco for UC deployment almost evenly distributed among large organisations and SMBs.
- Over 50% of organisations are likely to consider cloud based video conferencing solutions at the time of the next video conferencing infrastructure refresh.
- Over 50% of organisations in Australia consider Office 365 to offer the best functionality for cloud based UC solutions. This preference is almost evenly distributed among large organisations and SMBs.