American Express today announced the opening of a new proprietary Centurion Lounge at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport on October 15, 2013. Set to open in Terminal D, the 9,000 square foot airport lounge will be a haven that helps American Express Card Members relax, recharge and reboot. Entry to The Lounge is complimentary for Platinum Card and Centurion members. Other American Express ® Card members can enter The Lounge for a fee of $50. Among the featured amenities included are:
- Onsite professionals to provide Card related and travel related services like reservations at restaurants, airlines and hotels.
- Complimentary spa therapies from the award-winning lifestyle brand, exhale®
- Card Members can taste Southwestern cuisine designed by local celebrity chef Dean Fearing, creator of Fearing’s Restaurant in Dallas and named by James Beard Foundation as Best Chef: Southwest
- Enjoy a Texas-inspired signature cocktail created by renowned mixologist Jim Meehan or a glass of wine from a selection curated by our wine director Anthony Giglio.*
- Access to Wi-Fi, use of personal computers and noise-buffering workspaces.
Unlimited, complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge is the latest in a suite of travel benefits that offer Platinum Card members curb-to-curb amenities that can save time, money and hassle.
- At the Airport and in the Air: Platinum Card members can use their $200 Airline Fee Credit** to offset their selected airline’s charges for incidental fees such as baggage fees, lounge day passes, in flight meals and beverages, or Wi-Fi.
- Save Time at Security: Card Members enrolled in Global Entry can use TSA Pre✓™, an expedited security screening program for select travelers, who are flying in the U.S. and select international destinations on participating airlines from specific airports. Selection for expedited screening is made on a per flight basis and is not guaranteed. Learn more at tsa.gov.
- With Time to Spare: In addition to The Centurion Lounges, Platinum Card members can gain access to select domestic airline lounges and more than 600 international Airport VIP lounges in 100+ countries with Priority PassTM Select.
- Get in and out with your car quickly: Complimentary memberships including special upgrades and discounts at Avis, Hertz and National Car Rental.
- At the Hotel: Card Members who book through the Fine Hotels & Resorts program and stay at one of more than 700 properties will receive a room upgrade (upon availability), daily continental breakfast for two, 4 p.m. late check-out, and an additional special amenity such as a spa or dinning credit.
- On the Road: The Platinum Travel Service help Card Members make the most of their trip such as travel and dining services.
- Value Abroad: There are no Foreign Currency Transaction Fees** for Platinum Card members.
- Back Home Again: Save time and bypass arrival lines at most major U.S. airports when you return from international travel. Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved travelers. When you use your eligible Centurion or Platinum Card to apply for Global Entry membership, we'll credit the $100 application fee, and if approved, your membership will be valid for 5 years. Card Members can receive one $100 credit every 5 years for an application fee charged to each eligible Card. Additional Cards tied to Centurion and Platinum Cards are also eligible for the $100 statement credit. To receive the credit, the application must be charged on the Additional Card.