Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Trade-Ideas LLC identified US Silica Holdings ( SLCA) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified US Silica Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SLCA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $61.4 million.
- SLCA has traded 2.1 million shares today.
- SLCA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLCA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLCA NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on SLCA: U.S. Silica Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the mining, processing, and sale of commercial silica in the United States. It operates in two segments, Oil & Gas Proppants and Industrial & Specialty Products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. SLCA has a PE ratio of 16.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate US Silica Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for US Silica Holdings has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. US Silica has a market cap of $1.3 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 46.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates US Silica Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that we feel that the company's cash flow from its operations has been weak overall. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 1.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 24.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 96.54% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Metals & Mining industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 3.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $19.45 million to $20.19 million.
- 38.15% is the gross profit margin for U S SILICA HOLDINGS INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of SLCA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SLCA's net profit margin of 15.55% compares favorably to the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $15.08 million or 65.53% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full US Silica Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.