TAIPEI, Taiwan, Oct. 9, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (Nasdaq:SIMO) ("Silicon Motion" or the "Company"), a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid state storage devices, today announced that it has begun sampling its new, single-channel, ultra high performance and cost-effective controller solution for USB 3.0 flash drives, the SM3267. By integrating an embedded crystal oscillator and all power ICs, SM3267 reduces the customers' overall system cost. In addition, SM3267 delivers an industry-leading data transfer rate of up to 160MB/s read, a 30% to 50% improvement from most single-channel USB 3.0 flash drive controllers in the market today.
Silicon Motion's SM3267 provides an ultra-high performance, cost-effective USB 3.0 controller with industry leading capabilities and technologies including:
- High-speed data transfer rates of up to 160MB/s read and 60MB/s write
- Integrated crystal and power ICs, including a 5V to 3.3V LDO and a 5V to 1.2V DC-DC, allows for 25-30% lower USB flash drive device temperature compared with other USB3.0 flash controller products in the market.
- Lower total BOM costs by up to 15 to 20% by eliminating the crystal oscillator and power ICs
- Supports the vast majority of NAND flash, including 2y/1x/1y nm TLC, MLC, high speed Toggle, and ONFI DDR NAND manufactured by Samsung, Toshiba, SanDisk, SK Hynix, Micron and Intel
- Passed both USB-IF compliance testing and WHCK (Windows Hardware Certification Kit) tests for Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Available in Chip-on-Board (COB) and in a 48-pin QFN green package with manufacturing-ready turnkey solutions designed to fit mainstream USB 2.0 flash drive modules.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Michael Schoolnik Story Public Relations Tel: +1 415 674 3816 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Jason Tsai Director of IR and Strategy Tel: +1 408 519 7259 Fax: +1 408 519 7101 E-mail: email@example.com Sales Contact: Robert Fan VP/GM SMI U.S. Tel: 408-519-7219 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org